Last week I came out in the kitchen to make a bottle and as I walked past the kitchen table, my heart started to race.
In quick succession, all my thoughts raced

"there is a dead mouse on my table"
"wait, that's too big to be a mouse"
"mice are gray"
"that's a rat!"
"What would a rat be doing on my table?"
"Maybe it's not real"
"Maybe Scott bought a fake one to tease me aobut the mouse I saw in the basement and freaked out over"
"or is it...?" (I lean in closer to where my eyes can focus)
To my sleep addled mind and my fuzzy, no-lenses yet eyes, an avacado husk and spoon sure looks like a dead rat!
Whew - you were all beginning to make judgements about the cleanliness of my kitchen weren't you? Well, there are no rats on my kitchen table but I guess you can judge me for the avacado left laying around!
3 comments:
Oh my heavens. I got a good laugh from that one. I'm glad that I can see! But you are right, when fuzzy, it does look a little scary!
Hee Hee!! Thanks for the laugh.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - that made me laugh SOOOOO hard!!! That was REALLY funny! Hope it didn't give you TOO much of a panic attack. ha ha ha ha ha
Post a Comment