Thursday, April 12, 2012

Moab 2012


And, we are back. The annual East Jeep Safari has come and gone. Another year's worth of dirt and scratches have been added to the trusty jeep. Another year's worth of stress lines have been added to our brows. We are safe. We are happy. We are satiated for another year.
In the old days, you had to carry your jeep down the trail, on your shoulder, uphill both ways

Scott finds a good use for the free beer cozy's. Not only does he have stylin' wristbands but if he gets into a bar fight, his knuckles will be protected.

Every year we put our raffle ticket in the big round spinning cage with thousands of others in hopes of winning a set of tires or new transfer case. Every year we walk away three hours later with nothing (OK, I lied, we walk away 1.5 hours later because we can't stand the sitting around. But that's only after they say "well folks, we're about halfway done!").


My handsome driver

"breaker, breaker, we need a 10-100"

Who is this girl? I would have thought it'd be me caught reading a book in the downtime not Linda

Dan gives a cheeser after Mexican food. Food makes us happy!





"I'm King of the World!"


"Easter Egg Hill"this obstacle is called. Check out that tire, it's barely even touching the rock.


I only wish I could capture the obstacles with my camera like I can with my eyes. No real room between rocks in many places

This is "The Intimidator" doesn't look like much but there is a big drop off to the right.

As the driver, you can't see how far you are from the edge. And of course there's a huge rock on the Driver's side that forces you right to that edge. Thank heaven's for good spotters.


We love you Moab.


3 comments:

Brian and Janean Lulloff said...

That seriously looks SO scary! You are much braver than I.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Good heavens, I think I would have a heart attack!!!

Marie said...

That is just not my kind of sport. My stomach turns upside down just looking at the pictures. Hiking those rocks/hills is much more my style. Glad you had so much fun! :)