
On the 24th of July, we joined Sarah and her girls at Cherry Hill in Kaysville. Sarah has season passes and has for years but this was the first time that Maddy and I ever joined them. What a fun place!
The lazy river surrounds a great lounging place and a small old timey town gives it a charming feel. There is even a stage where they do evening performances. Sarah and her singing group performed there this past month. They have a toddler area with a pirate theme, lots of fountains and water squirting, a little slide, and even a big ship to crawl around in. There are also several waterslides for the bigger kids and a normal swimming pool.
We had a wonderful time until right near the end. Maddy started to really get cranky - crying over everything - she felt hot, and we decided that we were done. We drove to Katie's house for a family bbq and fireworks. Unfortunately that evening, after she woke up from a nap, I discovered that the hotness was actually fever. We left before the fireworks and she threw up on the drive home and then again about an hour later. I was worried that I'd let her get heat exhaustion.
The next morning she woke up still with a fever. And then again, the next day. I figured at this point, it wasn't heat exhaustion but something else (maybe a bit of both) so we headed to her doctor. No ear infection (though they had to blast her ears with water to be able to see her ear drum past all the wax - not maddy's favorite thing), no bladder infection, no strep. Must be a virus. We were told to return on Monday (it was Thursday) if the fever persisted through the weekend.We nearly made it to that follow up visit.
For 5 straight days Maddy's little body fought something as indicated by the 103 fever that kept returning every time medicine would wear off. She didn't eat hardly anything, and wouldn't drink much. Her nose would not stop running (I think we went through 4 boxes of tissue). She was pretty miserable. Sunday afternoon, I realized that the medicine should have worn off but she wasn't listless as usual. I checked her and - blessed day - NO FEVER! Monday morning, fever free, we kept her home from school one more day but were pleased to see her eating, being more cheerful, and acting generally well. Whatever it was, it seems to be gone with no lasting consequences other than my time off at work has been severely depleted. I'm glad to have her feeling better and she is glad to be released from her 6 day prison to be able to play with other kids.


1 comment:
SO, SO glad you got to come with us! SO, SO sad that poor little Maddy ended up being sick by the day's end.
Post a Comment