I think I like it. . . the bun, not being the center of attention.
You see, I have not had long hair since I got married 10 years ago. Now that my hair is past my shoulders I've not really been sure what to do with it other than blow it out straight or pull it back into a ponytail. My nieces have long lovely hair and often have it curled so prettily. Lately on Pinterest I've found lots of people pinning hair ideas. So I've been in search of ways to get that curly/wavy look, without spending a lot of time in the morning.
I found this website while browsing Pinterest. Her hair is so perfect!! And she did this with the help of a sock? I was intrigued.
Take a sock and cut off the toes to make a long tube then roll it down on itself to get a doughnut. Then you make a ponytail, hold the sock at the ends of your hair and then wrap your hair around the sock and roll it in toward your head. I can't explain it well so see the link for good pictures and a much better explanation.
The one drawback? Every time I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror I feel the urge to do a pirouette or jeté. I of course suppress the urge as I certainly don't want me doing ballet moves in the bathroom to be the next topic of conversation.




3 comments:
I've heard about the "sock bun"! I've been meaning to try it out! Your bun looks great!
This is the blog I've been looking at lately--I too have long hair now for the first time in 10 years, and I don't know what to do with it!
http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/p/hair_17.html
I'm going to have to try that. Looks cool.
You and your bathroom experiences!! :) They make me laugh SOOO hard!! ha ha ha
Post a Comment