Tuesday, August 6, 2013

document the transfer


When mom and dad moved to a new house, I inherited a bunch of children's storybooks. I found "The Read-it Yourself Storybook" and immediately added it to the "keep" pile. It was a book of several stories and just looking at the pictures took me back to my kid years.

I was so pleased to find my name written on the back of the front cover. I suppose part of my strong connection was because this was My book.

Then I turned to the inside of the first page and found the following:

 
 
I laughed out loud!

I have no idea what book cousin Ben got in exchange for this one, one with an inscription to "Melissa ma'dele". I'd love to know but I suspect that the book is long gone. I can just imagine mom and Aunt Luan secretly swapping books behind Grandma'dele's back so she wouldn't get her feelings hurt - knowing that the swap left books more suited to their children. Or perhaps one of us was gifted a book we already owned? Whatever the case, I love that the transfer is properly documented for history. This book is all the more sentimental now for me!

2 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I laughed out loud too! What a treasure!!

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

You ought to send a link to this blog post to Ben and Aunt Luan and see what they say. :)