Wednesday, September 10, 2014

kindergarten

And so it begins, the middle part of Maddy's life. She's past the baby stage, is now starting the school age stage, but everyone tells me that before long she'll be in the grown-up family-of-her-own stage.

I guess I have to cherish this while I can...

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
CALVIN SMITH ELEMENTARY
MRS. COOK
AM KINDERGARTEN
RM. 12
September 2, 2014




No tears escaped my eyes but there was a surprisingly big lump as I watched her stand in line and then walk into her kindergarten classroom.




This is Maddy's first homework assignment (and mine) - make a paper doll that can hang in the classroom that looks like you. I was planning on fabric and rick-rack and buttons. But Sunday night she couldn't stand the wait, so we made due with what we had. I think that we she did a fabulous job.

1 comment:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Cutest Kindergartner ever! Welcome to the world of public schooling...elementary is one of my favorite phases. The homework is kind of a pain, but it sure is fun to hear about their day and see what they are learning!