Happy Halloween
For halloween this year Maddy was a cute little devil and I was Talia al Ghul. Maddy was so, so excited to wear make-up to school. She would have worn the wig if I would have let her. It was a bit much I thought.
What a fun thing it is for both her and me to be there. I have memories of being her age and of doing the parade around the school. At Vista elementary, one class started the parade. They would parade through the classroom next door and then as they left that room, the class they just paraded past would join the end of the line. The starting class would go through each room, picking up as they went along, and then when they get back to their room, they would sit down and have others parade through their room so everyone could see each other.
The two best parts were (1) between the younger and older halls, you would go through the lunchroom/gym where the parents waited to see all the kids, and (2) the party afterwards! Generally the roommothers would have some activities and treats planned and it was such a fun day.
Maddy's school always has their parade outside and the only negative with that is the kids then sometimes have to cover up costumes if the weather is too cold. But it does allow the parents to string around the school and get a good unimpeded view of their children.
Maddy's elementary school had their halloween party a day early, which meant that she could spend Halloween with me at work. I'm part of the committee for parties so she helped us set up and take care of things and I didn't worry about her keeping me from work since I wouldn't have worked much that day anyhow. She's a pretty good helper.
| Brett Steinaker/Joker, Lauren Beams/Harlequin, Myrna/Poison Ivy, Bree Beckstead/Canwoman, me/Talia |
Since our theme for the company this year was comics, the accountants decided to dress up as Batman villans. I was assigned Talia al Ghul and apparently if you read the comics or are just current on your Batman lore you might know who she is. I didn't. But, with a borrowed samurai sword, black wig and clothes, I figure I was passable.
I was surprised and touched when the founders, after awarding prizes for costumes, brought Maddy up on the stage and said nice things about me and her (proud mama moment) and gave her $20 as her prize. She was so cute in front of the whole company and so, so pleased to have won a prize and have her picture taken with Aaron and Kent. It was really sweet.
| Aaron, Melissa, TJ, Leslie, Dave, Patrick |
| Baldies |
| Billy McCleary/Two face missed the group picture Love that his face lines up with the wall |
Ms. America was vising at work also and Maddy was enthralled with her. It was a super fun day and after the trick-or-treating around the office she of course insisted we go straight to Toys R Us to spend her prize money before then trick or treating with the neighbors. Scott took her around with the neighbors. They stayed out terribly late having visited not just our Kamas drive neighbors but also the ward members across the canal.
No comments:
Post a Comment