I decided on Saturday that I needed to help Scott to feel less stressed and to be more happy (he hates his job, he does the bills, he hasn't climbed Mt. Everest yet). I can't really do anything to change any of those specific things, but, I decided that I could work a little bit harder to make our home a more comfortable and happy place to be.
I have been allowing the house (kitchen especially) to stay piggy all the time. My excuse was that since the house is in an unfinished state, there was really no point in keeping it tidy. After all, does it look any better to have the kitchen table cleared of junk if the wall behind it didn't even have Sheetrock on it? Does having the sink void of dishes make a difference if the countertop has pulled away from the wall by a whole inch (really, it is! come look !)?
Well, I've decided that actually - yes, it does make a difference. I think that we will both be happier if there is order in our home. I vowed to try harder EVERY DAY to clean up the kitchen and to pick up the laundry on the bedroom floor. I want to keep the toys put away in the living room and Maddy's floor even if they will only be pulled out the very next day. I'm tired of apologizing for the state of my home when people unexpectedly drop by. I don't want to be okay with my house being messy because "I work a full time job and have a new baby".
So, there you have it. My commitment to try a little bit harder to be a good housewife even if it means not watching America's Next Top Model until next Saturday and even if it means not going to bed with Scott at 10:00 because I have to stay up a bit later to get a load of dishes and laundry going.
Let's see how long this spell can last! :)
8 comments:
Good for you and Good luck! I have found that I feel so much better when my house stays clean and the dishes are done. Somehow it always becomes messy again--a never ending cycle!
Who are your ANTM favorites? Email me!
I'm proud of you, Mel! I know I feel a lot better when things are in order around me. I can only stand Daddy's construction messes for about three days and they I have to have him start straightening up!! even if he isn't done yet. I just get anxious. Good luck on your goal. Sarah's word for the year is "balance," mine is "willingness," maybe yours is Order or Cleanliness or maybe Happy Scott.
Love you.
Mommy
Tell me how long it lasts and then maybe I'll try it!!!!! :)
The funny thing to me though - is your house was never messy when I came over. You must have a radar that tells you I'm coming so you can hurry and clean up!! ha ha
Post a Comment