My whole life I have just been blessed with things sort of falling into my lap. When I was excepted for an internship in LA back in 1999 I had planned to stay with an old roommate for the few months but unexpectedly, they moved and I found myself without a place to stay. Warren and Jennifer, from their ward, said that they would take me in. What a blessing it was that they would let me stay - a complete stranger. I am so blessed to have known them and to grow to love them for that time we spent together. Even though Warren has passed away and I don't talk with Jen very much - hardly ever, I will love them forever and great feelings of gratitude fill my heart every time I think of them. What a great sacrifice they made for me!
Once again, I have found myself the recipient of a great blessing - something that fell into my lap that could have taken much work and stress to resolve. I wrote the following email to my family on 13 June:
Hi all, just thought you'd be interested (in case you saw my facebook status) in the changes around here. Maddy and Jackson are driving Katie crazy. I was there for a half hour this morning and wanted to pull my hair out. They scream, they hit, they steal toys, they steal binkies - it is a never ending saga of fighting. So, since it was going to happen at some point anyway, Katie and I are parting ways. I talked to Linda over the weekend to see if she knew anyone and then on Monday I emailed my ward to see if anyone had a suggestion. i also posted on facebook to see if anyone there could help. i love people! They are so good to me. I had a lot of people email with suggestions and even those who didn't have suggestions emailed back with nice little comments about how they were sorry they couldn't help.
Well, Monday evening, I got an email and facebook message from Stacy. Not only will she charge me the same as I pay Katie (I thought I'd end up paying a lot more) but she lives 4 houses down!! That is wonderful. Scott can drive home and then walk down and pick Maddy up if for some reason I can't get her. Stacy and her husband Jake are one of the younger families in the ward. She has 6 kids, from 14 down to 3 (so, no babies to compete with Maddy) and she has two daughters 12 and 10 that love Maddy and are always wanting to play with her and hold her at church. They will be a great help.
Beyond all those practical things, I read Stacy's email and just felt a weight lift off. I have been so worried about making a change and how it would work out and both Scott and I felt really great about this. Then, I got the email below from her (in response to my "are you sure about this?") and it sealed the deal.
I am not only sure, but excited to tend Maddy. My girls are all excited too. Monday will be great to start. Give me a call whenever you can. Last night when I told Jake, I mentioned how I had had some hints that I might be tending Maddy. He said that he had too. Our old Stake President said that the Lord is a bad secret keeper. I think it will work out great! Stacy
So, Katie, you can stop feeling guilty about not being able to calm these two kids, looks like the timing is right and this is the time to change. I for one am always glad for the Lord to help us in making these hard decisions and I'm so glad that he has prepared Jake and Stacy for this.
I love you all,
Melissa
As I said, I am blessed - that I didn't have to search for weeks and weeks to find a sitter, that I didn't have to take her to a day care center, that I didn't have to take her to someone I didn't know, that I didn't have to ask a friend or family member to do it who would - but wouldn't really want to.
The Lord loves me and watches out for me and for that, I am extremely grateful.
2 comments:
Wow! That is amazing. Isn't it great how the Lord knows our needs and prepares for them before we even know it?
I REALLY wish I was the one watching her - but I'm SO glad that Stacy is willing to help out. YEAH!!! Love you Maddy!
Post a Comment