Wednesday, December 8, 2010

a place to hang your hat




My husband does such good work! When we moved in, the closet in the kitchen was for the washer and dryer. There were no doors and I figured that at some point we'd put bi-fold doors on. After putting in the wood floor, we were worried about the consequences if the washer overflowed (it has once before) and we decided to move the laundry downstairs. There are goods and bads about that decision but I won't go in this post.


We don't have a lot of pantry space upstairs so I was so happy to have a walk-in pantry. Because it was so deep and thanks to the advice of my mom Edith (wherever the coats get dropped, that's where you need a coat rack), Scott made me a built in "mud room". When it's done it will have cubbys below for shoes and purses and hooks for coats. Most of all, I'm pleased to have a door!! It doesn't have a handle yet but we're one step closer. Maddy has been going into the pantry and pulling out the big bucket of dog food so she can climb up and pull food and fruit snacks off the shelves. What a sneaky little bugger. I'll post more pictures when all the walls are finished and the trim is up and everything is painted . . . One of these days I'm just going to have a finished kitchen!


2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh I love the cubbys! I wish we had one. The boys do drop their coats and boots everywhere. So nice that you will have somewhere to put them. Can't wait to see it when it's all the way done.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Wow! I had no idea you guys were working on this! Very cool!