Sunday, December 5, 2010

In search of a Christmas Tree


Scott mentioned when we were first married that he liked flocked trees. I have to say, at that point I figured that he was out of luck because I had absolutely no desire to ever have a flocked tree! Well, after seeing a "Festival of Trees" tree last year, I decided to give Scott a flocked tree this year. Of course, we are used to our fake tree so this year, out we went to the tree lot.

We saw a reindeer and got our picture taken with Santa. Maddy wouldn't sit there herself so we took a picture together.


We did gold, bronze, orange and brown and I think it looks lovely. Very pretty and I'm pleased with it however, I think that I am more of a green tree gal. Maybe once every 10 years or so we'll do a flocked tree. The smell is wonderful though. I had forgotten how wonderful a real tree smells.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I think it looks very elegant. Glad that you got a real tree. Ryan and I have never had a real tree. I've almost forgotten what they smell like! Candles come close but aren't quite right. Maybe I'll have to get one in the coming years.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Really pretty! And how absolutely wonderful to have that smell 24/7!! That star on top of your tree looks familiar...is that the one that we had when we were kids?

Katie said...

It looks beautiful but I think I need to come see it in person to get the full effect.