I have allergy eyes that flare up badly in the spring and all the way through fall (stupid allergies - I didn't have this problem as a kid). In previous years, I've found that Member's Mark Loratadine tablets (Claritin generic) kept me up at night so I stopped taking them. They make me toss and turn and I am generally miserable and I decided that not sleeping - ever - is not worth having allergy-free eyes.
However, after last year's HORRIBLE allergy season, I decided that I needed to try it again. This time I had some Equate brand Loratadine floating around the house so I started taking those every morning. Ah, relief! Whatever happened a few year's ago must have just been a fluke. Well, one day last week, I had a Members Mark but not an Equate with me. Same thing I thought but wow!!!!!!! Those MM brand pills really do still keep me up All. Night. Long.
So, the thing that interests me is that Sam's Club and Walmart are the same company. Both products have Loratadine 10mg as the active ingredient. Yet, I have dramatically different reactions with them. They really are different products and there must be an inactive ingredient in the MM brand that my body didn't like. I guess Member's Mark and Equate are not the same thing in different packages. Who knew?
2 comments:
That's really weird. I assumed they were the same products as well. Good to know!
Ryan has tried every allergy medicine under the sun (prescription and non-prescription alike) and has found that he likes Equate best too. Interesting. Glad you found something that works for you. Yucky allergy season.
Post a Comment