I had a doctors appointment today at 10:30. I arrived early at 10:15. At 11:00 they came and told me the Doc was delivering a baby and to come back in an hour. At 12:30 I saw the doctor come into the office. At 12:45 I asked the nurse if I should re-schedule (the grave look on her face and sharp shake of the head told me to stick it out). At 1:05 I was finally called back.
To a reader, a delay like this isn't necessarily a bad thing. In fact, a two and a half hour wait on a work day, without a baby, and with a great book . . . FREE READING TIME - well that's just a bonus.
Of course, when I noticed at 10:16 that all I had with me was this, the 3 hours became a bad thing:

Yeah. Reason #5 that a real paper book is better than a Kindle!!!
4 comments:
Oh man, that's painful. By the way....What are you doing at a doctor's office where the doctor is out delivering babies? Are you pregnant again?
One...did you have your charger with you?
Two...yeah, what Mary said. Is this just a girly check-up or is there something else going on that you haven't shared with your sisters yet???
Three....I totally agree with you that a real book is better than a kindle, but what are reasons 1-4?
No, not an annoucement! and reasons number 1-4 are (in no particular order) you don't get to see the cover, you can't flip forward or back very easily to check on your memory about some detail, it costs basically the same to be bytes and bits as it does to by a tangible book - that's doesn't seem right, there is just something soothing and relaxing about holding a book and turning its pages and feeling the weight in your hands . . .
Ha ha! I was in Quinny's office yesterday too!!! My appointment was at 4:40pm...., Not sure when i actually saw him..., but I noticed the clock at the end of the appointment and it said 6:50pm! The 3 before me walked out. He told me he has 10 ladies with twins right now..., all due with in the next few days. He delivered a set last night..., making my appointment late and then said he had an emergency c-section at 10am that pushed him back in the morning. There's a little FYI for you. Not sure I could live his life.
Post a Comment