Monday, September 17, 2012

All in August

We've lived in our home for 6 years now and Scott decided that it was time to do something about the backyard. It's been a mess since that very first fall when we let the grass die and it became a pile of dust and morning glory. The yard sloped a great deal from the back right into the house which has always worried us when it rains. So, when Scott rented a bobcat to do some front yard work, he graded the back yard as well so it sloped away from the house. Due to the hill though, It was necessary that we add in a retaining wall at the back of the yard.
We hired a local company to come put in the rocks and we are so pleased with how the work has turned out. I with the pictures would do it justice, they really don't. One of these days we'll have sprinklers and grass and then maybe we'll invite you over for a dinner party and you can see it then!

 They did all the work but they thanked us. Nice huh?
Also in August, we visited the pool at grandma scooter-rides new house with the Snow cousins.

And at the end of the month to celebrate our 10th anniversary, Scott and I visited Franck's. I had the Sous Vide Wagyu Sirloin Medallions with smoked strawberry sauce (Pretty huh?). As a special appetizer for Scott they made us a pork shank with fois gras ice cream. This chef is TALENTED. Did I ever tell you about the "cereal milk ice cream" I had? I laughed the whole time I ate it because it tasted just exactly like the milk at the bottom of the bowl after you've eaten your fruity pebbles. Too creative. I recommend it highly!
So, August went by quickly and as it turns out, September is now more than halfway gone too. Before I know it, it will be 2013.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love the rocks. I would love to have some in my yard but I always thought they were really pricey? Are they? It will look great back there when it's all done.

Um, I don't think that I've ever been to a restaurant where my meal looked to pretty to eat. Just a slab of meat and a baked potato please! I bet it tasted good though.