As the day got closer they agreed upon a visit to Build-A-Bear. The night before I had this horrible thought - what if we wake up in the morning and she's "peeped" (in our house we poop and peep)??? Will I have the strength to start her all over? I prayed really hard that night that she would make it. Gratefully she did.
It was "Bearamy's" birthday that day so all the kids wore birthday hats to celebrate.
During the days leading up to the visit she went through many iterations of what kind of bear she would pick. A pink one, a red one, a white one with polka dots. I was surprised when she settled on the traditional brown. Maddy now has a bear named "Lyla" who had to have a pink dress with sparkles, pink shoes with sparkles (dad talked her out of high heels), and satin panties to match. Lyla bear has a heart inside that Maddy rubbed on her arm, her knees, her nose and then kissed. I can't remember what all the actions were for - strength, love, some other cute things. They sure do make a grand production and it's quite wonderful.
Maddy's bear is named after her best friend at Miss Swendy's school. Do you ever wonder if the person who your child thinks of as their best friend also thinks of your child as their best friend? Am I weird for wondering?


1 comment:
I thought for sure that Lilian would name her bear Rosalinda. It's her favorite name when she is playing make believe stuff. But no, when it came time to name her bear she chose.... Sweetheart. I double and triple checked to make certain she was sure...even reminding her how much she adores the name Rosalinda. She was sure. Sweetheart she remained. Hmmm.
Maybe Maddy and Lilian should arrange a play date for Lyla and Sweetheart. :)
Post a Comment