Saturday, November 24, 2012

Frosty the Snowman

We got our first big snowstorm a few weeks ago which meant it was time for a snowman.  I'll admit, our snowman was not anything special - it certainly won't show up on the cover of some holiday magazine, but we had fun making it anyhow. The snow didn't pack well and when we tried to roll the ball, it just crumbled. We gave in and kind of just packed it into a ball and filled in holes and low spots rather than trying for an actual "ball".

We scrounged for body parts - a bit of rebar for arms, screws for a smile, sunglasses instead of eyes - but we did have a carrot nose and Maddy was pleased. She was more interested in eating the snow than actually helping wit the snowman. Instead, she stood on the side and directed me and grandma where to put things and what parts were missing.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mary said...

Well hey! I like the screws for a mouth! And the sunglasses are way groovy! :)

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

We have a snowman picture that looks very similar...at least in the way you had to mound up the snow rather than roll balls because the snow wasn't cooperating. :) I have to admit though, that the rebar and screws are especially creative. And I love the sunglasses!