Mitt and Obama share a Halloween moment
(aren't those masks just awful?)
(I of course am Mitt - ps don't forget to vote Tuesday)
On Halloween, Katie picked Maddy up from school in the afternoon and brought all the kids to trick-or-treat at the office. There was a haunted house that Holly and Dalton and Katie visited. They went in with instructions to scope it out for the littler ones. I had gone through earlier in the day and it was actually quite scary, but I had heard that they toned it down for the kids to come through. According to Holly and Dalton, it was pretty scary. Well, Dalton was probably tough and didn't get too scared. Katie and I decided we didn't want to deal with nightmares so we didn't send the younger ones in. We visited all three floors of the building though and the kids got tons of candy.
Earlier in the day, I was asked to participate in a dance number for the company party. I think my shiny pants and cape actually make for a much more captivating YMCA line dance don't you think?
When Maddy filled her pumpkin bucket halfway and started asking me to carry it because it was so heavy, we decided it was time to go home. After all, mommy's co-workers are all a little bit crazy anyhow.
We got home and grabbed Scott and headed out into the neighborhood. Last year, Maddy trick-or-treated at the Buhlers house and grandma's house but that was it. This year, we actually tagged along with the Buhlers as they canvased our street but once her bucket was filled to the brim and my high-heeled silver boots were long past comfortable, we called it a night. I forced some chicken nuggets into my tired, over sugared, over excited daughter and then tucked her into bed. I then soaked my aching feet in the hot tub before crashing into bed myself. Now, it's time to take down the Halloween, put up the turkeys and pilgrims and be thankful that we have such wonderful friends, jobs, family and lives.
Happy Halloween to everyone.


1 comment:
Hey, Abby was Minnie too! Same Walmart costume and everything! I'm not a huge Halloween person but it sure is fun to watch the kids and see how excited they are!
Post a Comment