If eyes are the windows to the soul, does that make windows the eyes to the home?
I picked up Maddy from School on Friday so that Scott could make some progress on the house without a little one under foot asking for someone to play with. We stopped at McDonalds to play at the indoor playland as it was a remarkable crappy weather day.
When we got home, we found the house boarded up. Well, okay, just the one window. We knew this was coming. Scott has always hated the arched windows and has wanted to make them into regular, old, normal, rectangular windows.
To remind you what the house used to look like:
Saturday morning I helped him lift the new window into place.The old window was a rectangular window over an oval opening.
From the inside of the house, the top corners (kind of like kitten ears!) of the window just looked out on brick.
It's amazing how much extra light comes into the kitchen now. I'm excited about that as I was a little bit worried about using gray paint on the walls in a room with little light. This will help a bit.
I just have to crow about how good my husband is at this stuff. I didn't know what he would do to cover up the bricks that he had to cut - how he would cover those exposed edges. Once again, he has exceeded my expectations and come up with a really beautiful solution.
At some point in the next year, we will replace the big picture window too.
Amazing how different this house looks from the early days. It's kind of an ugly house. Makes me wonder why we bought it . . . good bones??


3 comments:
I love it. I like the square window much more than the old arched window. (You're not offended right???) The old ones reminded me of a Spanish style house.
And I can't believe how green and nice your grass looks. What are you using? Ours is greening up in places and still brownish in others. It looks GREAT.
Wow - I LOVE it! Scott is so amazingly talented. Seriously! I'm SO impressed! Thanks for all the before and after pics.
And I was going to ask you the same question about the grass. Wow! Yours looks GREAT!!
Gorgeous. And very brave of you!!! I like the house a lot. It reminds me of houses in Holladay where I grew up. But then much nicer because of all that hard work!
Post a Comment