The life of a tax accountant is taxing this time of year (haha, I kill me). Another day has past staring at this.
I'm off to start a wonderful, cozy indoor weekend watching conference at my parents house (because I can't stand the mess that is my current situation).
Speaking of my current situation . . .
The kitchen still has a hole. However, Scott has put in new floor joists to support the originals and added cross blocks to support it all and keep everything from moving. The guy comes monday to move the gass line. Then maybe we'll start to see some real progress.
So tell me, can you tell a difference in the two floor tiles? Dare I ask which you like better? One is from Lowes - special order, $1 more per square foot, and has a nice, brown stripe that I like and that I figured would add some warmth. The other is from a local tile store, is cheaper, is in stock, but has more white and less warm brown. Think I'll ever notice the difference on the floor? Does price win the day?
In other news...
Scott and I went to the Jazz game last week.
We had some seriously awesome seats. I'm a bit spoiled.
Also, I now see green trees outside my windows when I drive to work.
This makes me happy.
Ok, I'm off. Time to go sweep the floors, put away clutter and try to pretend like I am infusing some order into to my home.
That makes me think that maybe I should post a picture to show you my living room and the chaos. That way you can feel bad for me with real data to support it :)








3 comments:
Boy I miss you. I just thought a few hours ago "I need to tell Melissa..." I now forget what I wanted to tell you. It was something that made me think of you. Good luck with the kitchen remodel. Looks like it is a long process!
To be honest, I couldn't tell much of a difference in the tile. Maybe in person there is more of a difference. As for me, I would go with the cheaper, in stock version because they are so close to the same. But that's me. I'm sort of the tight wad type! But Ryan has to remind me time and time again, "Spend a few more bucks to get what you REALLY want." There. I didn't help much did I?
ha ha ha - this post definitely makes me miss you and your humor! haha And I'm the wrong person to ask about the tile - they look the same to me! :)
Post a Comment