Friday, June 14, 2013

staying cool



I realized that I never posted these pictures. I should have added them to the post below but figured that for posterity's sake, I'd add them now. This is the pulling down of the kitchen ceiling. Scott blocked off as much of the room as he could - the doorway into the family room and the stairs going down. All the sheetrock came down and so did the insulation. Scott had something like 24 bags of insulation in the driveway for several weeks.

He got the new ceiling up and the temperature started rising, so last weekend he shoved all the bags up into the attic and then himself and spread it all back around. It's amazing to me what a few inches of insulation will do to keep the whole house more comfortable. 

 
So, there you have it - a terribly exciting post about insulation. We now not only have sheetrock installed but the first coat of mud and tape has been applied. Progress!

No comments: