Maddy graduated in May but then the first week of June she had a one-on-one testing with her teacher Mrs. Cook. It was fun to watch them interact together as compared to back in August when we did the same thing before Kindergarten started.
It was also fun to see the ways Mrs. Cook asked Maddy about things and concepts that I wouldn't have thought to ask. For example, she had a small bear toy and she held it around Maddy's body and asked questions to test her knowledge of above, next, behind, in front. Our teachers do a wonderful job and we sure like Mrs. Cook.
Maddy dressed up for something (for the life of me I can't remember why) with her hair up in a bun and matching shoes and she looked simply lovely so I had to fashion our own photo shoot to capture her loveliness.
I love to see her creativity. We had family coming over this Sunday afternoon and she wanted to create a store for them to shop at. She had little items in the shoe cubby that they could buy and made a computer from her pencil box.
When I was little I used to make computers and things from toy briefcases and just seeing her come up with that on her own made me remember my childhood. Kids are so creative it's amazing.
(She clearly loves this summer dress)
One day when driving home from out and about, Scott looked back at his daughter and then shook his head. He knew from the sunglasses, side-ponytail, (which she did all on her own) and expression that he had a lot of energy and personality to look forward to in her growing up years.
No comments:
Post a Comment