Thursday, July 16, 2015

other May happenings

The traditional Sally Bytheway Chorale spring concert at the Assembly Hall on Temple Square and the traditional Soprano group photo.





Dinner at Cody and Hayley's house and fun with baby cousin Harper.


The next door neighbors have a daughter who is a few months younger than Maddy. She and Ruby have become fast friends. They both go to Miss Swendy's Day School so Scott and Ruby's mom came up with a deal where on alternating Wednesdays we take home both kids and give the other couple a night off. The picture below was sent one night when they had taken the girls bowling.


I dropped Maddy off at school one morning and it hit me how grown up she is. She walked up to the school with her backpack, wearing her dress and wedge heel sandals and I felt the enormity of the month . . . May is graduate from Kindergarten month. It has gone so very quickly.


Maddy's first and last days of Kindergarten.


The day where Maddy did my makeup and nails. Scott kept looking at me next to him on the couch and being shocked over and over again at the eyebrows. He finally made me go and scrub them off. Frankly, I didn't think she did too horrible of a job. She's come a long way.


There was more singing. A recording session at De Azevedo Studios. First the whole recording group, then the Millennium crew who have been singing together 15 years, then Lex and the Dalton girls.




Maddy desperately wanted to do a lemonade stand. It was late in the evening, early in the season and she pushed so hard that I decided to teach her a lesson - letting her do it and she wouldn't make any money because who wants lemonade (well Apple juice) at 8:30 at night in May?! She picked the 5 cent price - I suggested a quarter. She managed to rake in $5.21 from three customers. If I didn't know better, I'd think she was a brilliant marketer, setting the price low so they would take pity on her and pay her more. I suspect if she had my price posted they would have paid the quarter and went on their way. Brilliant.


 A pose from the silly girl at the park.


And a beautiful picture of lovely niece Rebekah who is now in London serving at the Hyde Park Chapel. What lovely girls we Daltons make.


No comments: