
Am I too old to call up my friends and invite them to Lagoon?
.
Last Sunday when I noticed in the ward program that Stake Lagoon Day was Tuesday, I was taken back to those few times as a kid that we went as a family to Stake Lagoon Day. I don't really remember a lot other than riding the Magic Carpet over and over, Mom throwing up in the garbage can from sun stroke, meeting the ward at the assigned pavilion after picking up our cooler from the car, and drinking the always present McDonalds Orange drink from the orange McD cooler.
.
I decided that this was a tradition that I should revisit. We dragged Linda and Dan along and went, dark rain clouds overhead aside, and ended up having a really great time. Well, I should speak for myself - I hope they all had a great time.
.
My all time favorite ride is still Jet Star II but the next contender, coming a close second, was the new ride Wicked. Looking at that initial up and down really freaked me while I was in line, and the twisting track made me sure that I'd loose my churro, but it was surprisingly smooth and really, really exhilarating! My only negative comment is that it just is too short!
.
Tuesday evening while we were driving north, the rain started in earnest. We even turned back at Centerville. However, once we hit Bountiful, the rain had mostly stopped and we could see blue skys to the North. So, we turned around again and gave it a shot. I'm glad we did. We wore jackets and it was a bit chilly but it was so nice to have shorter lines and no sun to make you crazy hot!
.
I am of the mind that even adults can still have fun at Lagoon but I am an advocate for their marketing department creating a special "adults only day" because wow! it was difficult to keep my patience when surrounded by all those kids!
1 comment:
Hahaha, Mel, I love the Go Fug Yourself site. Hee hee, it cracks me up! Miss traveling girl, I love all the blogs!
Post a Comment