Monday, June 9, 2008

Things you see in So. Cal.

My co-worker and I went to a continuing education tax conference in Southern California this past week and decided that if we were going to be there anyway, then we probably ought to also go see Wicked in Los Angeles! Wow! It was fantastic!!! I was so pleased to see the show and to top it all off, our seats were moved up and we ended up on the 6th row! Talk about great seats! The only "Broadway" shows I've seen were the traveling shows here in the Capitol Theatre. It was cool to see the show in it's home theatre because they could do more permanent, and thus cool, staging. We wandered a bit looking at the stars on the sidewalk and saw more that we didn't recognize than those that we did. I took a picture with Doris Day's for Scott - he loves her old movies.
We also drove around the Newport Beach temple and took a few pictures.
And it wouldn't be Southern California if you didn't see some wacky he/she on the corner with a pink umbrella right?

1 comment:

Katie said...

You always seem to get to go to such fun places! I'm slightly jealous. I don't think I'd like all the travel but. . .