Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Gardens

I won't try to convince you that I am a good gardener - I'm sure that these plants wouldn't look so great if it wasn't for the rain we had last month! At any rate, I am proud that my tomatoes seem to be growing - I saw several yellow flowers this morning. I also have parsley, sage, basil, oregano, and thyme (nope, no rosemary so I don't quite have the song . . . ) I tried pots this year since I didn't have the energy to clear any land of weeds, nor did I have the gumption to dig in the crappy, hard dirt. So, with a bit of potting soil and some pots, I don't have to weed much and my plants look great!

4 comments:

Liz said...

I did the same thing this year with a little pot/container garden. Your plants look great! I wish we had some of the rain you have had in Utah, though. It's been a remarkably hot and dry (yet still humid!) June and I'm not sure I'm as good about regularly watering our plants as I should be.

I hope you get lots of tomatoes!

LindaO said...

I'm so proud of you! Can I say that wuith out being condescending???

DD said...

It sounds like Scott is going to enjoy cooking with fresh herbs this summer. Or is that you?
My potted tomato plants look pretty good too. I have the two you gave me, one that Larry Leishman gave me, and three that Grandma'dele gave me. Everybody was taking good care of my tomato needs. We'll see what I get when the tomatoes start producing.
Mommy

Camilla Millar said...

Way to go Melissa-- and take credit for your good gardening (never blame the rain--oh wait, isn't it 'blame it on the rain, but I digress)