Well, Labor Day weekend was certainly filled with projects. My weekend started on Thursday. I took the day off (as I mentioned in the last post) for my friends wedding. I got there early and got to help decorate the hall and so some flower arranging. Doing the flowers was fun. Thursday night was dinner at Cafe Rio to celebrate Sarah's birthday, a quick trip to Sees Candy (yum) for desert and then the first practice of the season for the Sally Bytheway Chorale.
Friday I went with mom and dad to a local farm and bought 4 boxes of tomatoes. I bottled 14 quarts on Friday but the others were a bit too ripe so I left them for later in the week. How domestic.
Saturday, Sunday and Monday have all run together. We installed our new Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer (I so love them!!! laundry is fun - at least till the novelty wears off). We primed and did a first coat of paint on the front porch pillars. I bottled 3 1/2 more batches of tomatoes - 35 quarts in all, (only 2 didn't seal). We got to leave Maddy with Grandma and Papa and went to a movie ( nice date - kinda dumb movie).
And, now we are halfway through this week with Friday looming only two days away. I love Monday holidays! Hope everyone else has an enjoyable weekend too.
1 comment:
Super jealous. One-I wasn't around to have a happy birthday celebration with Sarah. Two-I can't sing in Sally's choir. Three-Bottled tomatoes. Yum. Four-I haven't seen a movie in the theater in a very long time. Sounds fun!
Post a Comment