Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Circus

We went to the circus on Saturday. As we waited for the show to start, I let her sit in the empty seat next to me. Just as the show was beginning, I had Maddy on my lap looking at something and along came a 4 or 5 year old girl to sit in her ticketed seat next to me. Well, Maddy had a bit of a fit! Maddy started screaming and leaned over my shoulder to try to push the girl out of what Maddy thought was "her seat". It would have been funny had I not been horrified by the amount of screaming and back arching going on.

Scott quickly took her out so she wouldn't interrupt the show. I joined them about 15 minutes later and we saw the majority of the show from the sidelines. Maddy enjoyed the circus but each act was a little too long and she lost interest. She'd be excited to look at the new thing on stage but then her attention would move to the churro (or fruit snack or whatever else we shoved into her hands) until the next act came out. She was expecially interested in the tigers, the motorcycles all in that little steel ball, and the elephants (of course). Those along with the trampolines were my favorites too.


2 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

It was a LONG circus! Which was cool...but Lilian started losing a little interest as well near the end. Her favorite though, was the trampolines, which brought her attention back into focus again. :) She too, loved the elephants and all the different animals. Sorry you had to watch from the sidelines!! :)

Samantha said...

I had to laugh at Maddy's tantrum. Only a mother who had experienced many different tantrums for crazy reasons can appreciate the humor in one, although I am sure you didn't feel that way at the time!