Thursday, September 2, 2010

wedding bells

My cute, sweet friend, Cassie was married this morning. I am so, so happy for her and her great husband Bruce. They are both wonderful people and have had more trials than I would like, but have now found each other.
As I was sitting at a table chatting, my friend Louise said that at her wedding the Minister mentioned that those in attendance were from many religions and were married in many different places but that he wanted them to "hold the hand of your sweetheart, or if your sweetheart isn't here, hold them in your minds and remember the day that you were in the position of this couple here making vows and commitments to each other".

As I remember my wedding 8 years ago, I am still filled with overwhelming feelings of love and gratitude for my husband and am in constant awe of his abilities and his kindness. Marriage is a wonderful thing! As it says in My Turn on Earth
"It isn't good to be alone, it isn't good. So, if you find someone you love you really should join hands and be together."

1 comment:

Brian and Janean Lulloff said...

I am so happy for Cassie! Her dress was gorgeous!