Tuesday, November 23, 2010

what blizzard?

that seemed like a plain old winter storm to me . . . what did I miss?

6 comments:

LindaO said...

can I just say..., these really don't count as blog entries..., more like face book status updates. I'm just saying...,

Greg & Dlora said...

Yeah, but I'd rather have them on blog entries because I check that more frequently than facebook. Melissa, I have a picture of the Sunday storm storm you could use to jazz up your entry...the Sunday wet heavy snow dump didn't come in as furiously as the "blizzard" on Tuesday but it caused more damage. The Tuesday snow was light and fluffy but left an ice glaze underneath it on our driveway. Weird.
Hey, is this entry long enough to qualify for a blog entry, Linda?
Mommy

LindaO said...

you know.., if you added a picture you cold totally count it as a post. And yes..., the your comment does plump up Mel's post a bit:)

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I think what supposedly categorized this storm as a blizzard instead of just a snow storm was the wind and the arctic temps. It made everything more icy and therefore more dangerous than a regular old fairly calm winter snow storm. We still only got our 2-3 inches of snow. But it got here rather violently. I think that's why they were more worried about this storm. They say it's harder for the plows to keep up in a blizzard rather than a snow storm. And visibility becomes a bigger issue as well. Granted, I don't think this storm was anywhere near as big as they thought it would be.... Still, I'm thankful that my performance got canceled and I didn't have to be out driving in it!

Camilla Millar said...

With all the hype I also thought it would be WAY worse. I'm with you.

Melissa@thebblog said...

i figure it's better than nothing and it means when you scan down your list of friends, you have something to look at on my blog.