We went to the Hogle Zoo
Maddy decided to trade hats with Dad while waiting for the train.
I love the giraffes! Why is that?




Next up was the Utah State Fair. I was so excited to see the baby piggies (yup, they were adorable) and the yummy, junky fair food (big disappointment this year).
Maddy rode a horse. She was very excited and didn't care whether I was there to keep her on or not. Yeah for my horsey loving daughter!
But, then she rode the merry-go-round and found that it was way better than the real horse. She giggled the entire ride - I mean, literally the whole ride! I had to pry her fingers from the bar in order to take her off when the ride was over. 
All three of us rode the Ferris wheel.
Maddy and I rode the hot air balloon ride that made me si-ick!
Maddy was very excited and not shy about telling everyone that she wanted an orange cast. She was a little disappointed that it didn't come with purple hearts. She'll have this for 4 weeks and gets it off the 26th of October - just in time for Halloween. She does extremely well crawling and walking on her knees but just yesterday she started a funny little limp around and proudly told us "look, I walk on two legs! I getting better."
After the leg break but before the hard cast, we took Maddy to the circus. It was the Saturday before my birthday so we decided to celebrate.
It was quite a feat to get Maddy, her stroller, two hot dogs, one Sprite, and a bucket of popcorn up into the stand. I felt a bit like that riddle - "you have one boat and a bag of food and a pig and a tiger - how do you get them to the other shore without the tiger eating the pig or the pig eating the food?"
We did pay for a seat for Maddy but she only sat there for a little bit. Most of the time she was on my lamp - until she discovered the floor in front of me was fun. Figures
And, the floor afforded nice stretching out room when she decided that she was kind of "done". Best parts of the circus? The guy who was shot from a crossbow while on fire (yeah you understood right, the guy was on fire!), the elephants, and the horses who walked on up on their legs (Airs Above the Ground right mom?)
Next time we'll have to do the matinee rather than the 7:30 evening showing!
.
During the Saturday session of conference Maddy and I took a drive up the canyon. My hope was that it would allow me the ability to listen to conference better than I would be able to at home. It worked well. We stopped and saw Bridal Veil Falls in Provo canyon. Maddy was disappointed that we couldn't wade in the water like the other kids. I was grateful for her cast because it meant that I didn't have to wade in the ice-cold water with her! 
We searched for orange leaves and though I found many that I thought were contenders, Maddy insisted that they were all red, not in fact, orange.

3 comments:
That was a good update :) I heard about maddy's leg, but when Jeff told me I thought 'but she didn't blog about it' ha ha ha. She is getting so big, and I love how she smiles so nicely for the camera... if only Khloe would do that
Loved the update!!! Love that Maddy thinks orange is so awesome! Wish mightily that we had made it to the fair this year like I wanted to....I've never, ever been. We still need to do our trip up the canyon. We better hurry or we'll miss all the colors! But mostly I LOVED all the pics of cute, adorable, sweet Maddy.
SHE BROKE HER LEG?!?!?!?!? OH NO!!!! I'm SOOO sorry! Looks like she loves her bright orange cast though! (I LOVE the picture with her leg in the air! ha ha) You have taken some AMAZING pictures! Although I am totally creeped out by the picture of her sleeping on the floor at the Maverik Center. ha ha ha ha ha
Post a Comment