Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Birthday America

I was quite surprised one day when we were in the backyard and I heard Maddy singing "from the mountains, to the praries, to the oceans, meow meow phone . . . " (she says meow, meow when she doesn't know the words. Go figure) ". . . God bless America, my home sweet home!!"

They've been singing this in School during June. I love that they sing so much at Miss Swendy's.

For our celebration on the 4th we went to the neighborhood parade and breakfast early in the morning. We spent the rest of the day running through sprinklers, playing on the tramp, and setting up a swimming pool in the backyard. In the evening, we went to the Ontiveros' for a barbeque and fireworks. Maddy had a great time with Maya and Mason, again, swimming in the pool in their backyard.

It was a nice relaxing day but awfully weird to go back to work on a Thursday. I couldn't get over saying "last week" when I meant Monday or Tuesday. The fourth just felt like Saturday and messed me all up!

I am proud to be living in this country. I'm proud of our flag and of our heritage and of our drive to be better even when we are sometimes not doing such a good job. I've visited other countries and I enjoy them greatly however, I would never want to do more than visit.

Happy Birthday America!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I love, love, love that picture of you and Maddy all snuggled up together!!!