Because my eyes are not that bad, I've always just figured that I could just live with contacts. The risk of fainting during the procedure was just too great. Well, in the past years, I've had very bad allergies that affect my eyes. My eyes are itchy, I get red bumps on the undersides of my eye lids, and my contacts float around and it's pretty much just terrible. My eye doctor said that my contacts are probably not helping because they act as sponges and soak up the histamines and hold them on my eyes all day. He suggested that LASIK would help in allergy season. He may have been feeding me a line in order to get a LASIK sale but it was the push I needed.
![]() |
| Sporting my super dark glasses for a few days to compensate for the fact that the sun got several hundred times brighter. |
So, I saved up money in my Health Savings Account and on the 18th, I became corrective lens free!! What a miracle! I kept looking at things and in awe saying "wow, I can see!" Scott informed me that duh, that's what I paid for "why are you so surprised?" I can't explain that even though I knew cerebrally it would work, I was still in amazement that it did.
After two weeks now the doc says that I can see 20/20 with only a bit of blurriness in my right eye, which wasn't completely healed so it will likely just get better. I love not having to put contact in and out each day. Girl's Camp was a joy without that burden of contacts.
![]() |
| Call me LASIK girl! I had super awesome eye shield to wear to bed for the first three days. Can't they come up with some better way than to tape them to my face? That was extremely sticky tape! |
"But did you faint?" will likely be the question you are asking . . . after arming myself with lots of information, with a Priesthood blessing from my husband, and a valium at the clinic, I did just fine. In fact, I walked out saying to myself "that's what you've been worried about for all these years?"


1 comment:
Welcome to the LASIK club!! :) The valium is nasty, didn't you think? How do people get addicted to that stuff. Blech. And yeah...sticky, sticky tape.
Post a Comment