March is a big month for this girl. Particularly this March since her birthday was celebrated while we were vacationing at Disney World.
But, that post will take more time and be many more photos than you ever wanted to see. So I'll tell you about the rest of March . . .
Once a year the Young Men and Young Women have a Chili Cook-Off and Auction as a fundraiser for the coming year's activities. The Youth auction off services and baked goods. Other members of the ward donate services (last will and testament, dance lessons, weekend boating excursion) and elaborate cakes and chili and soup for judging.
They decorate the cultural hall and bring activities for the kids. They set up a photo area and encourage everyone to come in western wear. It is one of the best activities we have all year.
This year, Scott made a chili that was VERY hot and bean-less. His "No Beans About It" chile took first place in the competition!! There is a panel of judges that taste each submission and vote. There is also one crowd favorite. I think next year I need to submit my (well, Sarah's) can-opener chili and also Aunt Dawn's white bean chicken chili because with one of those I think I could maybe win the crowd favorite.
March was also a big month for the kitchen. In the past two months I've spent many weekends taking my turn. Scott does the big construction stuff with the drills, and nail guns, and skill saws - and then I come in with the caulk, and putty, and paint brushes, and do the finish work. In March I finally painted out the built in coat nook.
We've turned that old laundry closet had no doors into a walk in pantry and a coat area. I love the way it looks and actually hate actually hanging anything up on the hooks. That of course defeats the purpose so, up the coats and shoes and purses and bags go. A much more functional space for sure.
![]() |
| From the week we moved in |

No comments:
Post a Comment