Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Ladies Who Lagoon

 
Georgia sent an email mid-July or so and said that she wanted to go to Lagoon. This email was to the "Ladies Who Lunch" my singing friends, who are Sarah, Katie, Sally, Linda and Georgia. I think we were all figuring she was kidding to begin with because we don't get together to do things except sing, go to concerts, perform in concerts, rehearse, record, maybe once in a while get lunch. Lagoon was a big departure from our normal routine.
 
 
Georgia was so excited and adamant that we go however, and we are so glad that we did. The only negative (well, besides my getting a bit sick to my stomach after riding The Spider) was that Sally wasn't able to join us. Many times in the day we lamented "I wish Sally was here". We rode almost everything, we took way too many pictures, and we laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed.
 


There was lots of Instagram and facebook posting and "oh, that's a great picture, send it to me" sharing of pictures.


In the Pioneer Village we decided that it was probably appropriate that we take an old timey photo together. Hilarious.



 
We took a break here and there and saw a performance.








 
The White Roller Coaster







Lagoon has a new ride called Cannibal and I was a little worried about my sensitive stomach. Your car goes up a very high elevator and then the doors open at the top and you can't see the track underneath you as you go out and it undercuts back on itself a bit. It was really fun but did make me a little nervous when my eyesight blacked out. I didn't actually go unconscious but coming out of a turn I lost sight completely and had we not pulled out of it I'm sure I would have passed out. However, it was worth it and the second time around it wasn't as bad. Super fun ride.

Because there were 5 of us (shoot Sally!) we had to take turns being a lone rider once and awhile but it wasn't that big of a deal. On Jet Star 2 we actually rode three together and kept slamming into eachother and could not stop laughing on the ride nor for about 20 minutes afterwards. It really was a fun day to hang with a bunch of old ladies doing nothing of importance and giggling till our cheeks hurt.

No comments: