September included a trip to see where Aunt Hayley and Uncle Cody might buy a house. Of course, Maddy managed to get filthy in the process but what is an evening outside in the dirt worth if you don't wear it at the end?
Scott has been moving along in the bathroom making spots for my recessed medicine cabinets. The progress is slow but very exciting to see. Before and After pictures will be very telling of the amount of work that he put into this (and every) project. He really is a talented guy. I'm so pleased that he can do what he does around our house and that he is patient with all my ideas.
At the beginning of September was our annual XANGO convention. For the first time, we didn't have it in Salt Lake so it involved a trip away from home to Las Vegas. I do enjoy convention. I love helping people and jumping in wherever I can to make peoples lives a bit easier whether that is a co-worker, a vendor, or most of all at this time, our distributors from around the world.
Also in September Sarah and I were extras for the "Saturday's Warrior" filming. Sarah and Katie had already done a scene in Sugarhouse park and Sarah was in a scene in a train station in Davis county and I was excited to have a turn. We were told to bring several 70s outfits to try on for the costume folks to make sure that we looked authentic. After waiting outside the studio in Midvale for a long time, we were finally ushered in and became the crowd for a show put on by Jimmy Flinders' band "Warrior". It was hot, we shot the sequence many times, but it was really fun to be a part of the movie. I was hopeful that I might have gotten some screen time because I thought I was a very good screaming fan.
And to round it out, a photo of some of my favorite co-workers Dustin Gardner, Yoko Little, and Leslie Gallacher. It's nice to have friends even when the discussions are often hard and there are lots of challenges to keeping a business going, but we always are able to do it with smiles and fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment