And now, a report on Christmas. We had a very nice Christmas despite my not having the 23rd to shop for Scott's presents. I procrastinated once again and left a lot till the last minute and then had to drop things (Christmas cookies, cards in the mail, etc) as other emergencies came up (see below).
Scott bought me a beautiful right hand ring and a Cricut scrapbooking machine and some other wonderful little things. He got a leatherman tool and a duck blind. On Christmas Eve we opened our traditional Christmas pajamas and watched a Disney movie - "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes". Scott has been on a Disney movie kick and we've been buying these old (non-cartoon) Disney movies from the seventies.
Christmas day after sleeping in, having hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls and opening presents, we headed to Payson where we spent the rest of the day with Scott's parents and his brother, Jeff and his wife Chantiel. It was a really nice, relaxing afternoon and I enjoyed the day a lot.
The day after Christmas was spent returning the duck blind for the one he really wanted (since I just bought the first one I saw as a demonstration/place holder of what I was giving him) and ran some other errands. We went to see "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith and then had dinner at Outback with some friends.
Saturday was the Dalton family Christmas party. We gathered at my parents house for soup and salad (thank you Bryan for making that salad - it is soooooo good, I still think about it). Rachel and Spencer were in town for the weekend and we were just sad to not have Mary and Ryan and their kiddos from Texas! Maybe next year we'll get everyone.
I have this week off and I'm sad to see that it is already half over. Only four more days until I get back to normal life! Only four more days to send my Christmas cards (If I get around to it) finish all that backlog of laundry I was going to do, and take down the Christmas decorations. Maybe those can wait another week!
Hope you all had a great Christmas too and have a fun New Year's night tonight.
2 comments:
Sounds like a great holiday-- when are we going to plan a day to get together and use your Cricut and gossip. . . .really, really, let's get together and make some baby layouts for your nursery and scrapbook. CALL ME! (how about Friday or Saturday or tonight?) 467-4793
K.., Camilla kids are SO cute! I didn't realize she had a blog til just now. Also.., can I come to the cricut day?
Post a Comment