Well, it's here! The furniture came the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Well, all but the consol table that we can pick up at the warehouse on the 13th. The furniture store gave me a delivery window of 11-3. I had decided already to take the day off because I figured that the delivery window would be smack in the middle of the day - isn't it always? Then I figured that they would come at the end of the delivery window so I would sit around waiting all day until they left at 3:30 and then what was I supposed to do - go back to work for an hour?
.
So, I got up at 9 and ran to some stores. I needed to prepare for Thanksgiving dinner and pick up a prescription and do some other errands. I was sitting in the Rite Aid waiting area for 30 minutes while they filled my prescription ("we'll have it done in 10 minutes ma'am") looking at my clock and getting worried because it was getting closer and closer to 11:00. Of course, there was no need because what delivery has ever come right at the beginning of the delivery window right?
. 
At 11:05 I was 100 ft from turning down my street when my husband called to tell me that the delivery truck was at the house and had been since 10:55! Come on - really? So I rushed down the street and apologized profusely and by noon, I had a living room! :) I suppose I could have gone back to work but hey, I had the day off. So instead I spent the time cleaning all the glass doors and shelves, did my grocery shopping and made jello and pies. So domestic.
. 
The dogs love to sit on the back of the couch cushions and look out the window. It's pretty darn cute. I love to sit on the couch and read my book. And the best part is that we have lights in the buffet so we turn on those and the lights over the fireplace and turn off the overhead lights and it's so homey! I feel like I need a fire and some hot chocolate. Can't wait for my visiting teachers or home teachers to come this month.
Oh, the paint cans and stuff on the floor in the bottom picture are trying to keep the rug from curling - hate that! It seems to have worked.

3 comments:
I love the new furniture. Golly, you and Scott do beautiful work. I especially love the buffet hutch. So nice!
Yay! I've been waiting, waiting for pictures of your new stuff. And it's gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person.
Nice!!! You look like you live in a grown up house now! It looks great. Hopefully someday I will come for a visit.
Post a Comment