Yesterday was my first day in Primary. On Sarah's suggestion I made clothes to hang on the "laundry line" and each had the name of a song on the back. Those children who were singing well got to come and pick an article of clothing, and then from the dryer sheet box, a way to sing (slow, fast, boys, girls, backwards, underwater). I think it went well. I was surprisingly nervous. I suppose that will go away after awhile.
7 comments:
Are you the new singing time person in Primary? I didn't know that. I loved that calling. It does take some creativity, but you'll do great. I loved your idea. Happy singing!
Our music leader has a ton of music blogs with ideas I could send you if you are interested.
That looks great!! It's funny.., I was always more nervous to teach sharing time than to teach a group of adults. I think it's probably because kids will actually raise their hands and tell you when they are bored...., adults will fake like they aren't and not saya word.
What a great idea! That is awesome! You will do fabulous Mel!!!
Fun stuff!! I haven't taught in front of other adults, well, I guess I never have!! So Primary is easy for me. Except for all the other adults in the room! That's what makes me nervous, whether they think what I am doing is dumb or whatever.
You are definitely perfect for the job!!!
SUCH a cute idea!! Although I'm curious... how did the under water singing go?? :)
I was so nervous my first day in Primary that I got sweaty. . .I couldn't figure it out cause it seems like little kids shouldn't cause that kind of reaction--but I got over it quickly, and I'm sure you will too.
Post a Comment