Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Beatles Love

The weekend before last we got to see the Beatles Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas. WOW! It was soo cool!! I was surprised at how many songs I knew. This goes back to Mr. Pierce in Jr. High who was a huge Beatles fan. In Mixed Chorus - 9th grade, we sang two medleys of Beatles songs. Mr. Pierce decided that this didn't cover enough of their songs and so he wrote a third medley for us. The result is that I know the choruses to about every Beatles song there is but I couldn't sing a full song through to save my life.

In true Cirque fashion, I spent the whole time with my eyes darting about the stage trying to capture everything that was going on from the acrobats hanging from the ceiling on ropes, to the men jumping over 7 foot phone booths from trampoline to trampoline, to the tricycles and cars that propelled themselves across the stage unmanned. The heart stopping moment was the guy on the teeter totter thing swinging back and forth and then completely upside down circles 100 feet in the air with no wires or safety net. WOW!

3 comments:

kristi said...

Glad you had fun. That's a great picture of you!

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Mr. Pierce is the reason I know as many Beatles songs as I do too. :) Glad you had a good time. I wonder if I could convince Bryan to take me down to see it. Hmmmm....

Unknown said...

You should have called. What did you do with your baby? Hope you had fun.