I've been wanting to do something in Maddy's room for some time now and I found this picture on sale at Seagull Book and Tape a few weeks ago.
I LOVE the great animals and the colors in the picture.


So, Linda and I have been brainstorming over the last few weeks (I pick her brain for design tips), picked up some decorations and little animals, and here is what I have come up with. 
Saturday was a productive day for both me and Scott. He worked on cleaning out the garage and I worked in Maddy's Room. There are still a few things that I want to do (1) chang
e out the curtains for some long ones, (2) re-stick the "Madelyn Loran" vinyl letters if it looks good, (3) find pictures to put in the frames, (3) figure out the bookshelf . . (4) clean off the top of her dresser, (5) maybe a toy chest?
I am liking the green color. I went back and forth at the store between one that had more gray to it and this one. It just looked so gray on that little paint chip. I know that things look different once they get on the wall but I didn't trust myself.
The color I got though does look good even though it is a bit more "starlight mint" that I had planned. Recognize those little finger painted pictures Mary? You had perfect timing in sending that email!!
6 comments:
This room is adorable! Looks like it out of a magazine! Good job!
So cute. Maddy has the room that I wish that my kids had. My kids rooms are so boring. I guess since we've been renting I can't really paint. None the less, you and Linda had some super cute ideas. I love it.
SO, SO, SO cute!!! Where did you get those shelves? We need some for the girls rooms to hold their various collections...Rebekah's Precious Moments and Julianne's crystal figurines.
Also LOVE the color...even if it does mean you painted over the wonderful original color that we had found together. :) And also love that you framed some of those hand/animal pics. What a good idea!
Looks great.
shelves are from Ikea. They are ledges with a lip so the pictures don't fall off - which is great for that purpose, but means that you have to be selective on how wide your objects are that go on the shelf. Not much space between the wall and the lip!
I absolutely LOVE that Noah's Ark picture! Her room is stinking cute!
Post a Comment