.
Well anyhow, I thought I'd show you my primary activity for singing time today. I think it turned out well. I got the idea from The Crazy Chorister which is fast becoming one of my favorite blogs to stalk. The first thing we did did was all the kids wrote a song on a white sheet of paper. We then crumpled them up into balls. I told them how I love snow and how disappointed I was that it snowed yesterday but that there wasn't enough on the ground for a snowball fight (is it ok that I lied and that actually, I'm really glad that we didn't have any snow stick?). So, I told them we would just have to have a snowball fight in primary today. I let each row, starting with the littlest ones on the front, throw their "snowballs" at me on the count of three. When we reached the 4th row - the 11 year olds - I made a big show of being afraid that they would hit me. It was fun.
.
Once we found a song to sing, a volunteer got to come and punch through one of the colors and pick out a paper that said how we'd sing (slow, fast, loud, teachers, etc).
I have to say, this calling is quite fun and I enjoy the creative part of me that is being coaxed out. I just wish that I had a little more time in the day to work on these fun projects. Way too often, It's Saturday night at 10pm that I am working on something for singing time the next day!
Hey, for you who are not in primary, you ought to go to the church website and download the music for the January song we have learned for the Primary sacrament meeting program. The accompaniment is really, really lovely and it's a beautiful song. It's called I Know That My Savior Loves Me and is the last page of the linked document above.
Oh, and one more thing, lest you think I was really "miss homemaker" today. The pie filling was a Christmas gift and the pie crusts were Pillsbury. However, it smells marvelous and looks pretty and I don't care one whit that I didn't make it all from scratch!
5 comments:
I can relate with the late Saturday night primary song time prep! I did that often! But I'm glad you gave us the link to the site you've been using because in a couple of weeks I have to fill in leading the music for senior primary. (This is after I play the piano in junior primary.) And yes, the new primary song is absolutely beautiful! It's going to make everyone cry when it comes time for the program. Wonderful, wonderful words and a beautiful accompaniment.
I love having something to do that brings out my creative side. I just made a bunch of invitations for a baby shower for my sister-in-law and I really enjoyed it. I find I like the little projects that I can do quickly and easily.
My mother in law just got called to be the primary music leader and I directed her to the crazy chorister site as well. I love her ideas.
Did the pie just hit the spot? That sounds really yummy. I might have to go and make something yummy too.
Don't you sound like a Mormon mom baking pies, getting creative for Primary singing time and enjoying your child? Sounds like a wonderful day!
ha ha ha - the comment above from Samantha reminded me of you saying that same type of thing to Jenn!! :) I bet those kids LOVED that game. You are AMAZING!
Post a Comment