It's been a rough day for work today. First the bike race this morning - then it started to pour and we spent quite a bit of time watching cars drive through an ever-growing "puddle" on the street below. After awhile, we decided that we'd get a better view from the street. Some people drove right though. Others started driving through but decided to turn around. A few cars stalled in the middle and had to be pushed out. The shots above are a co-worker who parked on the curb this morning because he couldn't find parking among the race goers. They pushed the car into a parking lot, bailed out the 4 inches of water in the foot wells, and left it to air out before trying to start the engine.
I could have stood there and watched cars drive through all day. Luckily for my employer, the city arrived to figure out why the drains were not working and they blocked off traffic. No more fun so now that's I've told you about it, I'm back to work. I'll bet the cyclists didn't have the best ride today!
2 comments:
Good heavens! What an entertaining day at the office!
Wow. You did have a downpour. I probably wouldn't have gotten much done at work either today. Too much excitement.
Post a Comment