Friday, August 12, 2011

Editing


I've mentioned before my love of photo editing software. Now, I don't profess to be any kind of professional or very good at editing at all, I just like to play around. I think the best part is that you can take a crappy photo from your BlackBerry and turn it into something that looks artsy instead of really bad! These were edited in Picnik, a new program accessed through Picasa.
(shoot, this one was focal black and white but also something that pixelated it a bit - sorry, can't fully remember what I did to this one!)

(this effect is called cross process - where we are mimicking the technique wherein you would intentionally use incorrect chemicals to process film for more interesting colors and contrast. Yes, that's a KFC carton on her head.)

(this mimics a "Holga" camera when using black and white film and a red filter. I have never heard of that kind of camera, I just know that I LOVE this picture for some weird reason.)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mary said...

I'm only just now figuring out the basics of editing photos. It is fun...although I'm not very good at it. Plus, I don't take enough pictures to play around with (evidence is the lack of my blog posting...)

Fun pictures and I love the KFC carton on her head. It's a good look for miss Maddy.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

And what a darling model for your pictures.... :)

melissa said...

There's a local photographer (not so local to me anymore, sadly...) named Jonathan Canlas that does a bunch of Holga photos. Jake and I have been following his blog for a few years now, and Jake even got a Holga camera one year for Christmas. Kinda fun! Maddie is so cute!!