Friday, May 8, 2009
Photography 101
I went to the temple last night with these cute girls for an activity. We took pictures of each of them to remind them as they grow up where they want to go for their wedding.
It was pretty dark, the sun was just behind the spire of the temple, and my camera on auto setting was taking pretty dark pictures. However, I watched an instructional DVD on my camera a few weeks ago so I played with aperture and shutter speed and got some better pictures. The only problem with a slow shutter speed is that the photographer and the photograph-ee have to be pretty still since any movement really blurs the pictures.
Anyhow, here are a bunch of my favorite pictures - after being doctored by me with Picasa. I love Picasa!

I love the way the people are just blurry colors because they were walking.
The moon was full (or just past full) and looked really pretty and bright through the trees.
So, I'm no Sharon but I had fun shooting the pictures and then editing them. In theory, I should learn how to make the camera settings do this stuff so I don't have to edit it in. . . but until I learn, this is fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow. Those are really cool shots. I love the second temple shot. Where the trees sort of look blurred on the side. Pretty neat. I would love to be able to learn how to do things like that.
Looks really good! I'd love to get a fancy camera like yours! Was that the Jordan River Temple?
I think good photographers only have good photos because they edit them. I love your pictures because they don't look overly edited like some people do. The pictures are great.
And happy Mother's Day! The first one with your little girl!
Post a Comment