Thursday, October 20, 2011

best co-workers ever

the tax department, sometimes refered to as the tax chicks (and Tyler)

As I mentioned in the last post, I have recently been moved into an office along with a promotion. I had moved all my things out of my cubicle last Friday with the exception of a few things. On Monday morning I moved the rest of my things and started working out of my new office. I kept reminding myself that I had a map hung on my cube wall that I needed to bring in. I was leaving it till the last minute since it was just a poster-type map of Europe that I didn't know where to put. Well, Tuesday I was talking with my friends (can I mention an office is good and bad - I love having my own space but I sure do miss socializing with everyone) and I noticed that my map was gone. Someone had taken it!!! I ranted and raved about the stinker who would take something like that. I mean, I knew that it was the only thing in my cube but that didn't mean I was finished with it! Who would think it was discarded? Now what was I going to hang on my wall? I'd have to go get another one ($5 at Utah Idaho Supply) and maybe get it framed, it's not a huge loss but the sheer fact that somebody took it . . . I was ticked.


Yesterday, I was working quietly at my desk to look up and see my five friends come in with- lo and behold - my poster that they had framed as an office-warming present. I cried.


I have the best co-workers ever!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Seriously. You really do. How thoughtful was that?! I would've cried too.

Brian and Janean Lulloff said...

That is SO sweet! I miss them and you!

kristi said...

Wow - that is an extremely thoughtful gift!!!! How impressive!!! Sounds like you work in an AMAZING office!! I can totally picture all of them snickering while pretending to sympathize with your venting! Oh, and love that you are the tax chicks and Tyler. ha ha - that made me laugh!