Monday, March 30, 2015

December 2014

Merry Christmas


Christmas started this year with Aunt Jana's annual "day after Thanksgiving party", except that it wasn't the day after Thanksgiving. What a wonderful tradition this party has been for as long as I can remember. It is fun to see our little ones at the same age as when Aunt Jana started the party with us. 

Maddy had a school program. Gratefully the kindergarten classes performed first and so I got to go and enjoy and then leave. I like to think that I could hear her over the other kids but I suppose I probably couldn't. From what I could tell however, she knew all the words and was a great little performer.



Maddy has had a dry itchy face since before Halloween and unfortunately, by this time it was making her eye all puffy and red. We tried changing back our laundry detergent and going back to basic shampoo, we moisturized (and moisturized, and moisturized). We tried allergy medicine and eye drops. Dr. Lindsay said "I'm not sure if the inflammation is causing her itching or if her itching is causing the inflammation". Eventually her rashy face left and I suppose it was a little bit of all of the above. 



We had a ward breakfast Christmas party this year. All the kids got to come help Brother Osgood with the reading of Luke 2 by putting the manger scene together. I led the kids and then the ward in some carols. It was kind of a fun change from the normal party.





We made our annual December trip to Benihana. Why this is an annual Christmas tradition I'm not sure but we go every year.

XANGO had it's christmas party...


Maddy got a manicure while I got my hair done. Can you tell she was in heaven with that pampering??!!


We had our usual Sally Bytheway Chorale concert at The Assembly Hall and then meandered through the grounds at Temple Square to see the lights on the way back to the car.


Somewhere I have some Christmas pictures that I will need to add but where they could be on my computer I suppose is a guess. Happy Christmas.

No comments: