My soul doth magnify the Lord
My spirit hath rejoiced in God, my Savior
For He that is mighty, hath done great things to me
My soul doth magnify the Lord.
-Luke 1:45-49
| Emily, Jenny, Sarah, Melissa, Katie, Lex, Georgia |

We have performed Christmas concerts with music from "Gloria" and Jazz adaptations of Christmas songs along with The One Voice Children's Choir. We've traveled to sing in LA at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, San Diego at the Crystal Cathedral, Rexburg Idaho at the then Ricks College, in Ogden at Weber University, and at a venue in St. George. One of the greatest regrets in my life is not joining the choir in Jerusalem. It was the first week of my graduate program starting and I wish that I had made arrangements so I could have been there for what was a life changing experience for those who went.
I've had the wonderful (and difficult) experience of recording a few albums of the works of Lex including "Variations on a Theme: 2", "Variations on a Theme: 3", and "The Life of Christ Part III: Hosanna" and am currently recording with the choir "The Life of Christ Part II: Alleluia". What a pleasure to be able to learn and sing with Lex deAzevedo, We grew up singing his music from "Saturday's Warrior" and "My Turn on Earth", to "Missionaries of Light" and "Christmas" one of our family's favorite Christmas tapes to listen to each year.
Singing with Lex has been such an eye-opening experience into the mind of a talented artist. Even until the moment of recording a song, Lex is tweaking, re-writing, updating and changing. I've learned to never, ever be without a pencil in a Millennium rehearsal because even in the last rehearsal an hour before a performance, you can't expect to be singing "the ink". And I've learned that he changes things because his work is never settled. It is a dynamic thing. It lives in him and we are just the outward expression of something moving and breathing inside his brain and heart. What a blessing it is to be part of his masterful process.
| The sound booth |
Because of Millennium Choir and our association with Lex de Azevedo, we've been invited to sing at the Pearl Awards and at BYU's Women's Conference. We were asked to be the performing choir for Kurt Bestor's Annual Christmas concert one year.
| Jenny, Sally, Sarah, Mary, Val, Saria, Kathy, Jenny, Katie, Georgia, Melissa, Linda, Karen |
![]() |
| Sally, Melissa, Georgia, Linda, Sarah, Saria, Kathy |
| Tabernacle Nov 2011 - Sally, Jesse, Sarah, Todd, Melissa, Georgia, Linda, Katie |
![]() |
| Eastern Europe Trip 2014 |
![]() |
| 2014 |

![]() |
| 2013 |
![]() |
| 2014 |








1 comment:
What a great all encompassing post! It is amazing what has come about because of that decision years ago, right after I got home from my mission, to try out for Millennium. It has blessed my life in countless ways. I'm so glad that we get to be a part of it all together!
Post a Comment