Friday, May 8, 2015

field trip day


Maddy had a field trip in April and they asked for some parents to come along so I took the day off and joined the kids. We rode the school bus to Hogle Zoo and Maddy was so excited. It was her first bus ride ever and for some reason, it was even more exciting because it was a school bus.

It was unfortunately forecast as a rainy wet day. We wore gloves and boots and took umbrellas to keep us dry. It was chilly but not too bad and the rain was mostly just an incessant drizzle. But the kids didn't care and the animals didn't either.




On the bus ride home the drizzle turned into some serious snowflakes - big ones that stuck. I was glad that we left when we did.


I dropped Maddy off at Katie's house to play that afternoon because unfortunately I had to go back into the office. For Maddy it was about the best day ever - School Bus ride, field trip, field trip with MOM!, playing with Jackson all afternoon - doesn't get much better than that.

For me it was also a pretty great day - school bus ride, field trip with Maddy, and then I met Ludacris. After the field trip I went into the office and had my meetings and around 4 o'clock, one of our staff came in and told me that Ludacris would be at the office in about an hour or so, and would I be available to come and greet him. What!?! Chris is a XANGO juice drinker and was in town doing a show and wanted to come and meet the founders and visit headquarters. What a treat that was. He was extremely kind and pleasant and well spoken. I know it's judgmental but I didn't expect a rapper to be well spoken.


I really was just a person in the room and not the main 'greeter' of course, but it was fun to be included. When Gordon (one of the founders) introduced me he said that I was a singer and told him about me singing Gun's and Roses at the company party. Another co-worker then jumped in and said "she has a demo tape for you to listen to if that's ok". Both Chris and I squirmed a little - or maybe it was just me. I quickly told him, oh, no. He's just kidding. I just sing for fun and as a member of choirs. I'm no big deal. To which Gordon jumped back in and said "She actually just toured all over Europe. . . ". Oh, they are sweet. They make our choir trip seem so much more than it was. But, we are a marketing company, making things more grand is what we do!


No comments: