Friday, May 1, 2015

in other February news...

As a recap of the month a bunch of pictures from my iPhone
 
 
We were invited to watch the Superbowl with friends in the ward. Not only do they make a mean Superbowl spread, but Tiburon (the mom) is a huge Seattle Seahawks fan and she is quite animated so I have to admit, the Tib show rates only slightly below the commercials and slightly below the food for the evening. These boys are in Scott's Sunday school class and got him to give a smile for the camera. A bit of a miracle in and of itself.
 
 
Our oldest niece Rebekah received her mission call to the Hyde Park, London, United Kingdom mission. She will enter the MTC on 20 May 2015. She is such a beautiful girl and will be a wonderful missionary and emissary of the Lord. I am so excited for her and proud of her commitment in this big decision. She finished her first year of college at Utah State University just this month and then home for a few weeks before heading off to the MTC only 19 days from now. Wow, seems like just yesterday she was born.
 
 
Forever she will be as little as she was in this picture below from 2003 sitting on her dad's lap, probably only 5 or 6 - about as old as Maddy is now (wow, that puts the time into perspective - Sarah I get why you are a little freaked out. that time went fast).
 
 
Maddy started dance classes again in February at the rec center. Becky's School of Dance has a Saturday morning class there and one of our Young Women, Noella Alder, is one of the teachers. Maddy was very upset with me because I enrolled her in the 6 to 8 year old class and she wanted to be in the 3-5 year old class. I kept trying to tell her that those girls were all little and she would be 6 in only a month. She was afraid and didn't want to be with the scary big girls. However, about 10 minutes in, she flashed me a thumbs up, followed about 5 minutes later with a run over to me and a "mom, I like this class". Phew.



I got sick. Again. Seemed like everyone got sick. I had a cough that had been around for 4 weeks and then the fever came for several days and other GI issues and so went it to see the doc. We did chest x-rays and I went away with a diagnosis of the flu. Actually, probably a cold followed then by the flu - thus the length. Scott ended up getting it too and we survived for days on herbal teas with evaporated milk and honey and cough drops and humidifiers. We've never been sicker as a family since we added daycare and now kindergarten. The good news is we seem to be better these days and hopefully we are building up loads of good antibodies.


Maddy and I went to see SpongeBob Squarepants in 3-D.


For Valentine's Day we had spaghetti for dinner (because you have to have Italian food for dinner on Valentine's Day). Scott and Maddy had stopped after school and picked up dessert! Oh how well my sweetheart knows me. The best gift is always a Leatherby's Black and Tan!



We made a visit to the Children's Museum downtown on one of the day's off school. Maddy adores the place. I only wish that she had someone to play with while we were there but she actually makes friends well with strangers so she probably doesn't mind too much. Everytime we go anyplace alone I find myself wishing I had called Katie or Sarah or somebody else to join us.




Jake holds onto my arm when I scratch his neck and try to pull away - tight!
We finally really met and loved on Harper, newest little Bishop grandchild, baby of sweet Cody and Hayley. Maddy is ever so in love with her little cousin.


Also Chantiel and the girls came to Payson for a visit and they had such a wonderful time playing and being silly together. On the drive home Maddy was hiding behind her coat and then must have been so cozy and warn out from all that giggling that she fell right to sleep. Warm car rides will do that to you.


Marley, Khloe, Avrey, Maddy, Harper

No comments: