Thursday, May 29, 2008
Amsterdam
It's a little bit late but I wanted to tell you about the last city we visited. We got to stay for two nights in Amsterdam before we flew home. I really love this city with it's canals and crooked buildings. While there, we were able to visit the Van Gough museum (very cool to see such famous pieces of art in person and to see his progress from his early days till his death). We also toured the Anne Frank House. This picture is out front. The building you see is actually the house next door, which is the official entrance to the museum. I would have taken a pic of the actual house but it was being restored (I assume) and was covered in sheets. What a neat experience. I realized that I had never read The Diary of Anne Frank so I bought a copy from the gift shop. I know I will enjoy the book more now having seen the living spaces (or lack of).
This is a funny pictures of one of the crooked houses. I guess since they are at sea level, the ground just moves around over time.
As business trips go, I am really, really lucky to have been able to travel to Europe and to have time to sight see a little bit. I must say though, a business trip is still a business trip! We had tons of meetings, I had work to do in my hotel room at night, we didn't sleep much and drove a lot. Oh, and the airplane rides . . . I'm getting really sick of dealing with airlines! Two hour delay coming home! After waking up 26 hours earlier, I tumbled into bed at 2:30am after my poor, sweet husband waited up to come and get me. So nice to be home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment